Thursday, August 29, 2013

Introducing...

I'm so excited to announce that, starting tomorrow, there is going to be a regular humor column here at Atelier! It will go by the name of Restrained Mirth and I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce the author. Well, you know what, why don't I just let him do that?

My name is Tony Ertel, and I may be the funniest person you’ve ever met. Chances are though... We’ve never met. And, while I won’t shy away from a hilarious compliment (either way – ex. “you are hilarious” or ex. “dude, you’re more neater n’ anything that I seen on Discovery”), I’m probably not the funniest person... Ever. Q) But what does that tell ya? A) I still have potential to be funny.

Funny is oftentimes about perspective, and I hope to share some of my own funnies with you on a regular to semi-regular to rare (no we aren’t talking about that - yet) basis – pending the editor’s demands. My wonderful sister, your very own Blog Master Mary Boctor (BMMB), has asked me to contribute in the form of a humor column. Upon eagerly accepting the invitation, I was struck down with Scrawl Shackles (popularly known as "writer’s block") and took a two-week hiatus in order to recover. Well, “lots of liquid” and “plenty of rest” later, I’m ready to scrawl, err... write!

My hope is that my random stories, jokes, sharings, whatever, will put a smile on your face and maybe even cause you to laugh. I know the Lord has given me a knack for making people laugh, but I’m not yet certified as a humor columnist – so let me know what you think. Oh yeah... the biography... I am 27 years old and happily married (just this summer) to my wife (she is because we’re married) Audrey. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio and like... lots of stuff. God bless you and enjoy the blog! 

Thank you, Tony, we're so happy to have you! I have a feeling my week just found a new high point. Or maybe my bi-week. Depending how often you want to write. No pressure. But my week just called, it says it needs a new high point...

Since they say a picture is worth a thousand words, I asked Tony to send a pic to accompany his bio. He sent an essay, so I made you a collage. You're welcome.


2 comments:

  1. I love it so far and look forward to reading more!
    Just one thing.... I don't think Father Burwinkle is late*...
    As far as I know, he's right on time and most likely "living it up!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks for the fact checking, Liz! That's good news, really! I removed the line in question!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment. If you don't blog, you may not realize that comments to a blogger are like sunshine to the whole of the photosynthesizing world. What I'm saying is, each comment means a lot! P.S. If you have an email connected to your profile, I'll most likely respond there.