Friday, October 5, 2012

7 Quick Takes and Friday for Fifteen (#2)

1
Hello all, I hope this week treated you well, and if not, at least its almost over!

2
If you want to turn yesterday's "L'Apero" into a Friday for Fifteen, I suggest a half bottle of Noilly Prat dry vermouth ($3.99/ 375 ml bottle), a loaf of fresh bread ($3), 1/4 lb olives ($2 grocery story olive bar), a wedge of camembert ($4), and 1/4 lb charcuterie of your choice ($2 for sopresetta, salami, mortadella, you get the picture). Also, if you have an apple, grapes, or some fresh veggies (lightly salted) add that in to complete this little repast. And for the entertainment, check out Paris, Je T'aime (2006). This film is a compilation of five minute shorts by twenty diverse filmmakers, including Gus Van Sant, the Coen brothers, Gérard Depardieu, Isabel Coixet, and Sylvain Chomet to name just a few.   The two themes that unite these films are love and Paris; beyond those points they diverge greatly (and some are a bit more risqué than others, consider yourself warned!). Some are great and some are quite weird, but enjoyable overall, and totally worth it for "Bastille" alone. Here is the preview:




3
My favorite quote of the week, from Stephen Covey paraphrasing the amazing Viktor Frankl, "Between stimulus and response, man has the freedom to choose." How profound a thought; no matter what occurs around you or to you, you have the freedom to choose your response. Ponder it.

4
Have you all heard of the website Apartment Therapy? If you haven't, check it out! Lots of inspiration for making your home (however small or humble) a beautiful, welcoming space. You will love this site. I promise.

5
I'm not too much of a clothing Do It Yourselfer, but there is one project I would love to attempt for this fall / winter season. It is a fur snood, or neck warmer (don't worry little bunnies, I'll go faux). Not totally convinced by the name and/or my impeccable fashion record? Check out the inspiration pic below and this DIY, then judge.

Celine Fur Neck Warmer
{Source}

6
I was recently asked about my take on everyday fashion for busy moms. I intend to devote at least one post to the subject; until then, here is a great resource.

7
I want to thank you all for reading, and for sharing with your friends! Thank you for following via GFC (see right hand column) and interacting via comments. I love each and every comment and bit of feedback. Please get in touch; let me know who you are, what you like, and what you want to read about. Also, if you have any questions about me, feel free to ask!

And back to you Jen!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. If you don't blog, you may not realize that comments to a blogger are like sunshine to the whole of the photosynthesizing world. What I'm saying is, each comment means a lot! P.S. If you have an email connected to your profile, I'll most likely respond there.