Don't know what a Liebster Award is? I didn't either until Meghan nominated me (thank you, Meghan!). Read on and it all becomes pretty clear...
Thank the person who nominated you and link your post to their blog.
List 11 facts about yourself then answer the 11 questions given to you.
Create 11 more questions for your 9 nominees, all of whom have 200 or less followers.
Comment on their blogs informing them of their Liebster Award nomination.
Facts about myself:
1. I am the second oldest of seven.
2. My lowest grade in my entire college career was in music appreciation. Yes, music appreciation.
3. I've never thought of myself as a "kid person," but now that I have three... I know that I'm not! Don't get me wrong, I love my children more than life itself, being a parent is just so much more difficult than I ever imagined (kudos to you, Mom, for making it look so easy!).
4. I love coffee, beer, and chocolate. The stronger and darker the better.
5. I can be social, but I'm really an introvert.
6. I love an adventure.
7. My first [intellectual] love was philosophy.
8. I'm not awesome with technology.
9. I can't get enough of this song, at the moment, at least.
10. I love wearing all black outfits.
11. I used to be a personal trainer, but I've only worked out five times in the last five years.
Questions from Meghan:
1. What is the best book you've read lately?
Hmm, lately... Lets's see, Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls was good (but not as good as her earlier book The Glass Castle), and I finally finished Brothers Karamazov - excellent.
2. Do you have a favorite painting/piece of artwork, and if so, what is it?
I love, love, love the photography of Robert Doisneau and I have some of his work in my house. I also have a print of a painting that I love. The print is thrifted and I don't know what the piece is called or who it is by. I put a pic of it at the top of the post. Recognize it, anyone?
3. How do you feel about Tuesday?
4. Do you have any wilderness survival skills, and if so, what are they?
Um, I'm from the country, so I might do better than your average "city person," but I'm no Bear Grylls.
5. How many (and which) languages do you speak?
Only one fluently (English), but I've studied French, Spanish and Latin over the years so I'm not completely clueless. I also know a few key phrases in Russian, such as "I don't speak Russian," which, when spoken fluently, turns out to be more confusing than helpful...
6. Got any funny stories you'd like to share?
My now husband had me over to his house one afternoon when we had just started dating. I had been in class since the morning and hadn't had time to eat, so I was starving. He ran upstairs to change clothes, leaving me in the kitchen. My curiosity got the better of me and I peeked in the fridge. When I saw a huge dish of lamb stuffed grape leaves, my hunger got the better of me. I quickly polished one off before the boyfriend came back. Later that night, he told me about making all those grape leaves to cook for dinner. Wait, what? They weren't cooked?! Which leads me to the next question...
7. What is the weirdest recipe you've made and loved?
So I'm kind of cheating on this one. Kibbe nayyeh, which is a mix of raw meat, bulgur, and spices eaten with fresh pita bread. There is also just kibbe, which is eaten in various ways, always cooked. I've only made regular kibbe, but I've eaten kibbe nayyeh, and it was tasty.
8. Are you right-handed or left-handed?
9. What would be your ideal vacation?
A Roman holiday with the husband.
10. What is the age from which you have your earliest memory?
Three or four, I'm not exactly sure.
11. Can you separate an egg without using some sort of man-made egg separator?
And finally, the questions for the nominees...
1. What is your least favorite book?
2. What is your perfect day?
3. Who is your greatest inspiration?
4. What is your favorite song?
5. What is your go to dinner?
6. Can you name a current event that has changed the way you think?
7. Name the funniest movie ever, of all time.
8. Coffee or tea?
9. What is most misunderstood about you?
10. Which city in America do you like best?
11. What do you appreciate most about your life?
The Nominees (in no particular order):
Don't worry, ladies, my feelings won't be hurt if you don't have time to participate!