Friday, February 1, 2013

What I Wore: Nowhere

I know it is cynical, but I can't help but think that title sounds like a government work project... Anyways, I've been wanting to link up with this massive mama fashion link up that I'm sure most of you have already come across and this lady so kindly suggested to me. And since I concocted this outfit as I was laying awake the other night trying to solve the world's problems (I just couldn't sleep), I've been wanting to try it on even though I'm going... Nowhere.










From the top: grey, hot pink, and oxblood (or the more vegetarian, less sanguine "radish"). More than the outfit itself, I just wanted to see the colors together, especially the pink and the oxblood. And in response to the link up prompt: "How has your style changed since becoming a mama?" Well, I don't think I would have given a shift dress a second look pre-baby (read, pre-baby body changes), but my eyes have been opened. This style is great in the early stages of pregnancy, and post-partem, because it leaves everybody guessing about the midsection.  And I'm not pregnant. I know you were guessing... 

What do you think of this look?


Photobucket









8 comments:

  1. I love it!
    You are so good at these style poses too! lol.
    I am in shock as to how hard that really is! :)

    doing my first fashion post, I felt like Zooey Deschanel on New Girl - when she tries to take over a modeling gig for Cece and can't handle how much work it is!

    y'all make fashion blogging look easy - but it is NOT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kallah! Yes, when I first started doing this in September I couldn't believe how much harder it is than it looks! There is a very fine line between a style pose and just looking ridiculous - I wonder every time if I am pulling it off!!!

      Delete
    2. And you always look great in your pics, p.s.! very photogenic, you are!

      Delete
  2. "What I Wore: Nowhere"--ROTFL! Sometimes, as a mom, I feel that's about the extent of my fashion life...that, or What I Wore: Target/Grocery Shopping. :D I am in LOVE with this outfit. SOOOO effortlessly chic, creative, and understated at the same time. Glad you linked up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sarah, you're too sweet! Yes, that is the way, isn't it?! Just another reason that I love the blog- it keeps me thinking about sartorial possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so very cute! i've been wanting to pair some pink skinnies with a red top lately but haven't gotten the courage to venture in public with it...until now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pink/red combo! Also, I nominated you for a liebster award!
    http://tuesdayadventures.blogspot.se/2013/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. If you don't blog, you may not realize that comments to a blogger are like sunshine to the whole of the photosynthesizing world. What I'm saying is, each comment means a lot! P.S. If you have an email connected to your profile, I'll most likely respond there.