Thursday, April 4, 2013

Cardigan Where?

So my friend Cams over at life in mod has teamed up with Ain't No Mom Jeans for a new series called How We Wear It. The goal is to pick one wardrobe basic a month and show how to wear it, and to get other bloggers to participate via linky. This month's pick was the ladylike cardigan [correction: ladylike cardigan was March's basic. Oops!].

Great! My only problem is that I don't wear cardigans. It's not that I have anything against them, it's just that I don't feel like me in one. I thought I'd take the challenge anyway, so I rescued this old black [semi-cropped] cardigan from my "goodbye pile" (I don't know how it has stayed with me this long, I don't think I've worn it in 10 years. Seriously. Maybe it's not really cropped. Maybe it's from the juniors' department...). I was inspired by Cams to wear it as a shirt, which worked perfectly with these high waisted paints. Perfectly because there was no extra material to cause bulk when tucked in, but enough to, you know, stay tucked in. I threw on a vest and some platforms, et voila, Mary wearing a cardigan!







Outfit details: Pants: Vintage // Black cardigan: 6th grade??? // Vest: MICHAEL Michael Kors  // Shoes: Jessica Simpson // Watch: Citizen Eco Drive  (gift) // Pearl stud earrings (gift) 

How do you work a cardigan?

7 comments:

  1. LOVE the wedges! So cute, as always, Mary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear, I don't think I've ever seen you look bad in anything. Love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative! My entry is not nearly as interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah!! You look great, Mary! So glad you ventured into your goodbye pile. :)You look smashing, my dear. Thanks for linking up. Cheers. x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the Michael Kors! his stuff always pops. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love the vest, though my husband teases me (he wants to know when the safari starts) : ) I'm just noticing it looks wrinkly in the pics! oops!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment. If you don't blog, you may not realize that comments to a blogger are like sunshine to the whole of the photosynthesizing world. What I'm saying is, each comment means a lot! P.S. If you have an email connected to your profile, I'll most likely respond there.