Friday, September 20, 2013

Quick Takes: Centerpiece Inspiration

It's Friday! I don't like to wish my life away, but if I'm being honest I will admit that I look forward to the weekends... 

And on a completely unrelated and slightly nerdier note - I love making centerpieces from stuff around the house and yard. I started snapping pics awhile back, just for my own future inspiration. I saw that I had seven, and since it's quick takes day I thought I would share it with you. Then I realized that I actually had nine pics. Jen is a dear, so she'll probably let it slide. This time.

From top left: Bare branches in pint glass within a larger bowl; blossoms and flowering mint from the yard in drinking glass; hostas in drinking glass; sage in a small ball jar layered on a votive holder and a serving platter; apples in cake stand turned punch bowl; daffodils and lilac branch in vase; yard weeds in shot glass with glass bird; branches cut from hedge in water carafe in larger bowl; sage in small ball jars.


Have a great weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Mary these are beautiful! So simple and elegant. I especially love the apples and the vase with the tall, leafy steams (middle, third row). Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. If you don't blog, you may not realize that comments to a blogger are like sunshine to the whole of the photosynthesizing world. What I'm saying is, each comment means a lot! P.S. If you have an email connected to your profile, I'll most likely respond there.