Monday, October 21, 2013

19-20 October


WEEKEND DIARIES

Is anyone beside me having a hard time believing that it's the third week of October already?! I wouldn't say that the time is flying because I'm having so much fun... I mean, life is good, but it definitely has its ups and downs.

Saturday morning I finally brought myself to do the glucose tolerance test that the doc ordered five weeks ago. On my best non-pregnant day, hangry is the name of my fasting game. So, suffice to say, I was dismayed to find the lab's waiting area was standing room only. I got through it, though, and my husband did most of our weekend errands (farmers market, etc) by himself. By himself with three kids. What a champ, huh? I kept myself busy with some light reading that I checked from the library for that very purpose, and tried to stop the saliva flow that started at the sight of a Dooney and Bourke ad featuring a cupcake handbag. So pathetic. I know.

September issue of Harper's Bazaar // Sweet, local grapes from the farmers market // Za'atar bread from the Lebanese bakery //  Pregnant lady at 29 weeks wearing this most comfortable dress from Old Navy ($3 from clearance rack), unfortunately it's not made to last. If you've got the dollars, this dress is a much better, very similar option.

After the test (and a good meal), I took our oldest out for some pre-birthday shopping. We had a good time until she decided to hide at a very large department store. I panicked. The store went on lock down. The staff panicked. We found her after about five minutes, but it was traumatic for everyone involved. And the next morning my son got a peanut lodged in his nose, after intentionally inserting it. So I guess you could say it was a weekend of close calls and parental firsts.

Anyway, we all survived, and we consumed lots of good food fresh from the market and from a favorite neighborhood spot - Pete's Lebanese Bakery (you must go there if you are local!). And Sunday afternoon we moved the coffee table in the living room to make room for a "nest" composed of a thick mattress pad and a down comforter. From this cozy vantage point, football was watched and naps were had. I guess alls well that ends well, right?

7 comments:

  1. Lord have mercy, you have some adventures this weekend! Maggie once wandered away from me in a parking lot, and I had three other adults screaming for her before we found her. She's gone off to splash in puddles. Your story had me feeling that panic just from the memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it was very unpleasant but the nosed peanut definitely made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made him laugh, too, until I started poking up his nose with the tweezers! :)

      Delete
  3. Peanut, blob of (scented) candle wax, little Lego, a tic-tac, these are a few of the nasally inserted things I'vd dealt with. I want a Lebanese bakery now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just did a search for Lebanese bakery and the nearest one is in Ontario. :(

      Delete
    2. I want to know the child's side of the story in the event involving scented candle wax. I'm sure their reasoning was ironclad :)

      Delete
    3. That's too bad about the Lebanese bakery! My husband is Egyptian and Lebanese on his dad's side. I've learned a lot of recipes from him, but nothing beats pita bread freshly made..,

      Delete

Please leave me a comment. If you don't blog, you may not realize that comments to a blogger are like sunshine to the whole of the photosynthesizing world. What I'm saying is, each comment means a lot! P.S. If you have an email connected to your profile, I'll most likely respond there.