Monday, July 14, 2014

Lately


Happy Monday, everyone! I know the weekend just ended but I'm already craving a break. I've been on a "doing" kick lately. We've painted tons of outdoor furniture: six chairs, two tables, and some other stuff.  The finished product is an outdoor eating area that is totally kid friendly. I can't wait to share the finished product sometime soon!

I've also been refurbishing a dresser. This is my first attempt to redo a piece of wooden furniture. I'll be honest - I put it off because it intimidated me, but it really hasn't been awful so far. My forearms and triceps are burning from using a hand sander, but the dresser is shaping up nicely. As is my wimpy upper body. Or so I tell myself.

As bigger projects are accomplished, the smaller stuff has been falling by the wayside. My room is a mess and dinners lately have been simple. Very simple. And I'm sure that everyone will heave a sigh of relief when they see me finally putting the paint away. But hey, isn't this what the long days of summer are for?

After Mass. All motion. Motion and joy.
Sorting linens before summer guests arrive. And now they've come and gone. 
Sticky. Sweaty. Summertime.
Driveway time. I read and the kids scooter. Scooter on, little ones.
Anyone else addicted to spray paint?  Once I start, I can't stop...


1 comment:

  1. Awesome post!!
    I'd love to hear your comments on my latest post :)
    Claire Wilson
    www.clairewilsononline.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. If you don't blog, you may not realize that comments to a blogger are like sunshine to the whole of the photosynthesizing world. What I'm saying is, each comment means a lot! P.S. If you have an email connected to your profile, I'll most likely respond there.