Monday, April 1, 2013

What I Wore: Easter

Happy Easter!  I'm going to go spare on the words today and link up with this lady for an Easter fashion parade. I'm always a little unsure about Easter outfits, as my regular go to's involve lots of black on black, black on navy, or black on charcoal, often with a little camel thrown in to lighten the mood. I threw this together at the last minute. It's pretty basic, not too dark, yet not too "not me." The top is pale blush with a simple floral pattern, and lace detailing on the shoulders and around the neckline. The skirt is a muddy gray (okay, maybe that's a color I just made up, just go with it..). The heels are my usuals and coordinate with one of the colors in the floral pattern. What do you think?







Outfit details: Skirt: The Limited via Clothes Mentor // Top: Express via Salvation Army // Patent Heels: Jones New York via DSW  // Watch: Citizen Eco Drive  (gift) // Pearl stud earrings (gift) 







9 comments:

  1. Lovely! I also did dark on the bottom and light on the top. Not quintessential Easter I guess, but I felt very comfortable, so I'm going to call it a win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dwija! Yes, ps, I loved your Camille and jacket!

      Delete
  2. Lovely! you have a beautiful smile, btw. :) Happy Easter! CHRISTOS ANESTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that shirt! Its beautiful. I tried to wear a black dress to Easter but then Jonathan told me that was just "not right". Ha. Where do I get a good quality black pencil skirt...any suggestions? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny, Diana! Yes, in past years I've tried to do that, too, and J tried to be tactful about it, but basically said the same as Jonathan! I will send you a message on FB sometime today about the pencil skirt question. Happy Easter!

      Delete
  4. love the lace and those shoes are so darn cute. beautiful! happy, happy easter to you my friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. If you don't blog, you may not realize that comments to a blogger are like sunshine to the whole of the photosynthesizing world. What I'm saying is, each comment means a lot! P.S. If you have an email connected to your profile, I'll most likely respond there.