Tuesday, May 28, 2013

25-27 May


WEEKEND DIARIES

Hello, everyone! I hope that you all had a great holiday weekend! I was a little disappointed at first that we weren't able to make it to my cousin's wedding in Los Angeles - sometimes the logistics are just too much... But our weekend ended up being amazing! My sister and her husband did go, see them up there? They look great, don't they? And, congratulations, Jake and Lauren!

Anyway, our weekend was jam packed, and it really flew by.  Saturday we hit the Farmers Market before heading down to the river to take part in Kites for Vets, an annual event to support local homeless vets. The kids each received their own kite to fly and a great time was had by all. Someone brought that beautiful heart kite, and flew it high. A fitting symbol for what we feel for our service men and women, past and present. We finished the day at my sister-in-law's, where the husbands did some tree cutting, the kids ran wild, and I relaxed with this lady

Sunday was Mass and spending time outside, running a few errands, and a general recovering from the day before. Monday started early with the guys doing yard work. See D with his "safety glasses and earplugs? He rides on my husband's back in the Ergo carrier while they push mow the lawn. It is the sweetest and/or funniest sight. D loves it, and that extra thirty pounds makes one wonder, who needs P90X? In the afternoon we took in a Memorial Day parade. I'm a sucker for the bagpipes, and it turns out that V is, too. She was actually content to sit in the stroller and watch as the world went by. After the parade we had a big family picnic at the river, which culminated in a watermelon spitting contest with YaYa. 

And, Tuesday... Exhaustion! The house is messy and we are tired, but I wouldn't change a thing! 





2 comments:

  1. Mary, I saw someone carrying his toddler on his back while mowing the other day and suggested it to The Dude. His response, "Uh, no." So much for that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and my link up is not really our weekend diary. But it does include some weekend. And lots of rhubarb.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. If you don't blog, you may not realize that comments to a blogger are like sunshine to the whole of the photosynthesizing world. What I'm saying is, each comment means a lot! P.S. If you have an email connected to your profile, I'll most likely respond there.