Monday, October 7, 2013

5-6 October



WEEKEND DIARIES

Ahh, Monday, here you are... Our weekend was very low key. Our son had a twenty four hour flu bug, the weather was mostly rainy and overcast, and we had a few mundane things that had to be accomplished. But there were definitely bright spots. I don't think that I have laughed so much in weeks as I have in the last few days. This is a very good thing because I recently had a revelation that pregnancy makes me moody, edgy, anxious, and just plain old grumpy. I mentioned this fact to my husband, questioning, "It wasn't like this the other times... Was it?" His response, "Well...."



So, in a slight deviation from the regular Weekend Diaries format, I just want to share a few things with you that might bring a smile and a laugh to this otherwise dreary day (here in Buffalo, at least). This post, by our dear friend Laura, actually elicited audible laughter. Each time I read it.

This movie. Is ridiculous. You might like it if you enjoy such cheese as a bad guy named Vilain and dialogue along the lines of...  Sylvester Stallone: "I've heard another rumor, that you were bitten by a king cobra?"  Chuck Norris: "Yeah, I was. But after five days of agonizing pain, the cobra died."

And this movie, which was very funny in a much less ridiculous way.

And also this image, which my youngest brother sent to me in honor of St. Francis' recent feast day, and took the liberty of entitling "St. Francis and the Weiner Dog of Gubbio."

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out Mary! Sorry your little guy was sick. And that's a lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaah. Hahaaaa about your husband making that comment. I was just asking my husband if I complained as much as I have been about my back when I was pregnant with Mads and I got the, "well..." too. ;) I get sooo moody, anxious and grumpy as well! I was just thinking this morning, "why do I feel so unmotivated and just plain down all of the time?". I guess it is the pregnancy. It can be frustrating!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. If you don't blog, you may not realize that comments to a blogger are like sunshine to the whole of the photosynthesizing world. What I'm saying is, each comment means a lot! P.S. If you have an email connected to your profile, I'll most likely respond there.