Friday, June 13, 2014

Make it a Double

The weekend is upon us and the weather is warm and life is beautiful and I think that calls for a fresh cocktail! The only problem? Many "summer cocktails" call for limes, and I'm fresh out. What's a thirsty girl to do? How about a "South Side?" There are recipes all over the internet, each slightly varied. Here's a pretty basic one to get you started:


The Double South Side

Ingredients:

10 Mint Leaves
1 Lemon
4 Ounces of Gin
2 Ounces of Simple Syrup*

Muddle (i.e. crush using a muddler or the back of a spoon) the mint leaves in the lemon juice. Pour into a shaker. Add gin, simple syrup, and ice. Shake. Strain into a Tom Collins glass (or a martini glass). Garnish with mint leaves and lemon peel.Enjoy!

Recipe modified from www.liquor.com


*Simple Syrup: As easy as it sounds. Simple syrup is equal parts sugar and water. Make some and keep it on hand. Simply boil one cup water and one cup sugar for several minutes. Cool and store in the refrigerator.

6 comments:

  1. Going to make this now to sip while I make dinner. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Do you grow mint? I never have it on hand but this makes me want to. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love gin and i think i'll love this drink! we make one similar with gin, lime and simple syrup. so good but this looks better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it! You'll have to let me know what you think!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment. If you don't blog, you may not realize that comments to a blogger are like sunshine to the whole of the photosynthesizing world. What I'm saying is, each comment means a lot! P.S. If you have an email connected to your profile, I'll most likely respond there.