Friday, December 14, 2012

7 Quick Takes: My Philosophy

Inspired by Jenny, I decided to use this week's Quick Takes to reveal a little bit more about myself - though not nearly a "pulling the curtain back", as she so eloquently calls it. Instead, you get a peek into my personal philosophy. Hold the boo's; you know my barely restrained verbosity guarantees that there wouldn't be anything quick about a full bio. So here goes. What I believe:

1
Every woman has inherent dignity and physical beauty.

2
The more a woman believes her own beauty and acts accordingly, the more others will recognize it.

3
Our clothing and makeup choices should augment our natural beauty.

4
Style is the harmonization of personal tastes with one's given physical attributes and current trends, or fashions.  

5
Affluence can become the enemy of style, because it allows for excess and errors. Conversely, necessity is often the mother of invention in creative personal dressing.

6
Less is more and simple is elegant. 

7
Comparison leaves only casualties. 


Sorry, no pictures today. Can't go without some, you say? Ok, ok. Look here and here. And if you just can't get enough, here.
Have a great weekend!








3 comments:

  1. All good reminders. Now to make the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comparison leaves only casualties...love it. (I will especially love it at the gym tomorrow, and each visit thereafter.) Thank you Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is so true. Don't ask me how I know.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment. If you don't blog, you may not realize that comments to a blogger are like sunshine to the whole of the photosynthesizing world. What I'm saying is, each comment means a lot! P.S. If you have an email connected to your profile, I'll most likely respond there.