Friday, January 4, 2013

7 Quick Takes: Miscellany Edition


Today's 7 Quick Takes are a true miscellany, a bit of this and a bit of that. Enjoy!

1
Well, the Mayans predicted that my 30th birthday would mark the end of the world. They were wrong. Maybe they didn't get the memo that 30 is the new 20.... 

2
While we are talking numbers, January 5 is my 5th anniversary. Amazing, but time flies when you're with the love of your life.

photo by simple heart photography, bokeh added


 3
Enough about me, check out this pic of my dad, mixing plaids like a boss:


The key to making it work - the unifying blue in each of the prints and the hat.


4
As the Christmas season begins to wind down, you might be thinking about putting away the decorations. Every year I hear the tip about taking a pic of them to make next year's decorating easier. This year I finally did it! We went away for the holidays, so the decorations were minimal, but here is a little peek:








5
So I bought this NYX Chic Red lipstick for Christmas because it looked like a true red: 


However, it was more of a very deep pink when applied. I tried it on several different occasions in the hope that I was just seeing things; I wasn't. It was less than $4 at Ulta, and the color is nice and long wearing, so not all was lost. If anybody out there has a tried and true red, please let me know!

6
I had another post planned for today, but I haven't done a 7 Quick Takes in so long that I changed my mind. Stay tuned for the original post - Scent of a Woman. I'll put it up some time tonight or tomorrow.

Thinking about starting a new blog in the new year? Check out my posts on the writing process and some tips for taking the ever awkward outfit pics.



Have a great weekend!






6 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, Mary! Your veil was beautiful and so are you--you look like a princess in your photo!

    I love bright pink lipstick, but I haven't quite made the leap over to red yet. My friend Teresa has a few MAC colors, Russian Red and Ruby Woo, I think, that are supposedly classic faves from their line. A little pricier, of course, but maybe a worthy investment if you're hunting for the perfect red?

    Have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanie! Yes, that veil. I loved it, but it went missing after the ceremony! The day was such a blur, I don't even remember taking it off!

      Delete
  2. Love your pics, wedding, your authentically stylish dad and the sweet decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, happy anniversary, and yes 30 is _definitely_ the new 20! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. If you don't blog, you may not realize that comments to a blogger are like sunshine to the whole of the photosynthesizing world. What I'm saying is, each comment means a lot! P.S. If you have an email connected to your profile, I'll most likely respond there.